SkwalZone

New Skwal video and new Skwal

Talk about anything you want, but try to keep appropriate topics.

Moderator: WebTeam

New Skwal video and new Skwal

Postby Mattias112 » 12 Jan 2009 19:42

Check out this video on the new http://www.r-a-d.se Skwal that obviosly excels in extremecarving... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHwf15IrMJ4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHwf15IrMJ4&hl=sv&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHwf15IrMJ4&hl=sv&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Mattias112

Re: New Skwal video and new Skwal

Postby Philobédo » 12 Jan 2009 20:56

What a good news......

Skwal in Sweden, very interesting.....

These boards are beautiful !
NOUS BOIRONS DU LAIT QUAND LES VACHES MANGERONT DU RAISIN...
Philobédo
High Rank Member

Postby VouC » 12 Jan 2009 20:58

It looks very nice!
Do we have a chance to see you once in a contest?
Are you from Sweden like the board?
MR183, MR173, Oxess SX178.
Bomber TD2 Skwal stepin, Catek OS2 stepin.
Blax Franz avec talon stepin Fin-tec de Bomber.
VouC
High Rank Member

Postby Tatanka » 12 Jan 2009 22:56

welcome to you

please tell us more about your boards.
LAGRIFFE MR173 Carbon
ne vous demandez pas ce que l'AES peut faire pour VOUS, mais demandez vous ce que VOUS pouvez faire pour l'AES et le SKWAL...
Tatanka
High Rank Member

Postby Skwaler » 13 Jan 2009 15:32

sorry, 13,8cm waist --> snowbaord, not a skwal
Skwaler

Postby krapo » 13 Jan 2009 16:29

Hmm skwaller ... what's the matter that define a skwal or a snowboard ?
I thought It was more the position of your foot on the board ... the Thias 167 one is 17cm at waist if I'm right and its a skwal. larger than many Extreme carving snowboard.
Skwal Lagriffe 178 Sinsemilla Carbon - Deeluxe Suzuka
krapo
High Rank Member

Postby Mattias112 » 13 Jan 2009 20:10

Hi!
Yes I am also from Sweden(as the board). We are not that many Skwalers up here, but I think more will join us in the future :D

I had a narrower skwal (Volkl monocarver) but in every lay down turn the boot caught and you lost your edge grip. But no more! I think a waist around 13.5-14,5 is perfect to avoid boot cathing. :o
Mattias112

Postby Mattias112 » 13 Jan 2009 20:29

VouC wrote:It looks very nice!
Do we have a chance to see you once in a contest?
Are you from Sweden like the board?

It would be nice to try a contest :lol: Do you know of any?

I think most information about the board is on the homepage http://www.r-a-d.se
But it has a spruce core(stiffer and lighter and more durable than ashen(and more expensive...)) and a carbon torionbox where the fibers are opposing the torsional forces. Its designed to be lively and make edgrip as easy to find as possible, as you need all edgrip you can find to do laydowns on rock hard slopes :wink: It also has rubberdamping, the hardest carbonbase available, hardend steel edges and comes with flourwax and a diamond edge finish...
As I love a lively board with best possible edgegrip then for me this one is hard to beat.
Mattias112

Postby Philobédo » 13 Jan 2009 23:11

Mattias112 wrote:But it has a spruce core(stiffer and lighter and more durable than ashen(and more expensive...)) and a carbon torionbox where the fibers are opposing the torsional forces. Its designed to be lively and make edgrip as easy to find as possible, as you need all edgrip you can find to do laydowns on rock hard slopes It also has rubberdamping, the hardest carbonbase available, hardend steel edges and comes with flourwax and a diamond edge finish...
As I love a lively board with best possible edgegrip then for me this one is hard to beat.

Quelqu'un peut nous traduire ça en Français ?

j'ai un peu du mal à tout comprendre....... :oops:

Mattias112 wrote:It would be nice to try a contest Do you know of any?

mattias you don't know anything about the "Skwal-cup" organized by the Euro skwal association ?

it's a european championship of skwal with 5 stage in France and Switzerland.

It will be a pleasure to meet you in one of these stage.

do you want more informations ?
Philobédo
High Rank Member

Postby Skwaler » 14 Jan 2009 06:18

krapo wrote:Hmm skwaller ... what's the matter that define a skwal or a snowboard ?
I thought It was more the position of your foot on the board ... the Thias 167 one is 17cm at waist if I'm right and its a skwal. larger than many Extreme carving snowboard.

The 167 is made for softboot use, so we dont have to talk about that. apres ski with softboots is good, but carving on slopes ist really poor. Not everthing called skwal (by the manufactor) is a skwal......

Skwal is defined by the waist because for a snowboard you need a minimum waist.
the binding-angle is the result of the small waist not the small the waist is the result of the binding angle

and as bigger the waist is you get more disadvantages then advantages

I had a narrower skwal (Volkl monocarver) but in every lay down turn the boot caught and you lost your edge grip. But no more! I think a waist around 13.5-14,5 is perfect to avoid boot cathing

i even make lay down turns on my skis, with a waist of 64mm and i never get a bootout.
thats not the problem of the board, its a problem of the riders ability and his setting

Quelqu'un peut nous traduire ça en Français ?

j'ai un peu du mal à tout comprendre....... :oops:

Use: http://fr.babelfish.yahoo.com/
Skwaler

Postby Mattias112 » 14 Jan 2009 19:06

It´s all about preferences and technic, yes. But if you lay down completely then you WILL need a waist of at least around 13.5 to avoid boot catching , espesially in soft conditions. Of course you can lay it down hard on a narrower board but it will not always work to lay it down completely. And depending on the design you can have a wider board that is as quick from edge to edge as a narrower board. Flexpattern and outline is more important. :wink:

I have not seen any information on the Skwal cup, where can I find it?

My wife has lived in France for a couple of years so she speeks (and write) very good french, but my french is painfully limited :( But my wife will help with post in the french section :)
Mattias112

Postby VouC » 14 Jan 2009 21:29

Here you can find all the Infos about contest for this year. It's unfortunately only in french but you can watch it with you wife. ;-)

Dates of SKWAL CUP 2009 are:

10 janvier 2009 Morgins (Wallis, Switzerland)
24 janvier 2009 Le Pelvoux (South Alps, France)
7 mars 2009 Airolo (Ticino, Switzerland)
14 mars 2009 Bonneval-sur-Arc (France)
28 mars 2009 La Norma (France)

Airolo is certainely the best to come cause it's in the center of europe, only 18 Hours by car from your town. ;-)
Anyway, If you plan once to come by plane, we will certainely find a way to catch you at the airport. You only have to ask here.

Each sunday of contest, we have a some Skwal for people to test, we would be very happy if you come with one of your Skwal.
MR183, MR173, Oxess SX178.
Bomber TD2 Skwal stepin, Catek OS2 stepin.
Blax Franz avec talon stepin Fin-tec de Bomber.
VouC
High Rank Member

Postby Zarkod » 14 Jan 2009 22:06

This part of the forum is specially dedicated to contests taking place in 2009 :

viewforum.php?f=38

Here you can find the list of previous editions :

viewforum.php?f=31

But in fact, there were already skwal contests organised by Thias as far as in the early 90's ! :D
:: Thias FC180, SK200, 173°F, RS176 carbone, FC165 ::
Visit skwalzone.org!
only skwal makes it possible!
Zarkod
High Rank Member

Postby Philobédo » 14 Jan 2009 22:28

Mattias112 wrote:I have not seen any information on the Skwal cup, where can I find it?

You can ask your wife to come in the Européan Skwal Association website with this link: http://www.skwal.eu (it is all in french for the moment, sorry....)

in the "euro skwal tour" rubric you have all explication about the skwal-cup.

Like Vouc Says each sundays the AES organize free tests of all the models of Skwal of the moment......

but we don't have your models and we are interested to get one and propose it to test.

The AES is really interested by RAD skwals because we have lots of models made by : Mpride, Oxess, Lagriffe, Lacroix, Thias, Volkl and RAD skwals will complete our test park...
Philobédo
High Rank Member

Postby Mattias112 » 16 Jan 2009 20:54

I know of the early contests and I have seen a couple of videos on them. 8) I was at Zinal last year at the extremecarving event and I read that it should have been a Skwal event to at the same time. But I only saw 2 fellow mPride Skwals but I never saw anyone riding them. :?

Are there any Skwalers at the Carving Masters event?

I am talking my wife into going to france to participate in one of the Euro Tour events (Its best to have a goodlooking translater with me :wink: )

The price of the R-A-D boards are 900 including shipping and a Heavy Duty custom made boardbag. They come in three versions wood, silver or gold. (same price) Silver and gold editions are the same. The wood edition is slightly livlier.

/Just ride and have fun!
Mattias112

Next

Return to General Discussions