SkwalZone

skwheel...a skwal derivate

From method to the skwal gear, here's the place!

Moderator: WebTeam

Re: skwheel...a skwal derivate

Postby Philobédo » 04 Dec 2011 11:12

High Rank Member

Postby sabestian » 04 Dec 2011 18:55

Pity...

We have to remember, that there is no interface that can immitate edge/snow connection on the road. On the snow, the more you lean, the more traction you have as the edge diggs and locks into the snow.

It is totally opposite on asphalt - the more you lean, the more slip and slide you get. This is why I am not a good longboarder - my snowboard habits make longboard sliding very difficult for me (and that is why I understand your worries about getting bad habits, Philobedo).

There is one exeption - the Freebord tracks. They are made to slip in the upright position (straight line, or "no edge engaged") and grip when leant over ("edge engaged"). But they are not made for carving and you can really feel it, they are not precise and subtle enough. Apart from that, or mainly actually, when you get on the "edge" you have a maximum of 50% of traction of a classic longboard (only two wheels are contacting the asphalt), which is not enough for skwheeling, I think.

This will not stop me from trying them on my next proto, though. :mrgreen:

Food for thought.

PS Hmmm...

sabestian
Advanced Member

Postby sabestian » 23 Jan 2012 12:50

Watch closely: https://www.otherplanetskate.com/ I think we have pefect skwheel trucks coming.
sabestian
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Technical discussions